The Pediatric Urological Surgery service cares for children from newborn to 18 years of age who have congenital kidney, bladder, penis and testicle conditions.
Among the problems we treat are:
- Kidney blockage
- Undescended testicles/Hernia
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
We also counsel women who are pregnant with children prenatally diagnosed with kidney abnormalities. In addition, we staff the Kosair Children's Hospital Urology Clinic.
Special services, equipment and capabilities include:
- State-of-the-art urodynamic testing equipment, which allows us to diagnose and more accurately treat many bladder abnormalities
- Full line of infant and pediatric endoscopic/cytoscopic equipment, unavailable elsewhere in Louisville.
- Urodynamic evaluation
- Biofeedback training
- Management of End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal / hemodialysis
- Kidney transplantation
- Renal biopsies
As Kentucky's only free-standing, tertiary care facility dedicated to caring for children, Kosair Children's Hospital offers comprehensive pediatric medical services and treatment programs in a child-friendly atmosphere.
For more information on our services on Pediatric Urological Surgery at Kosair Children's Hospital, call (502) 629-6000.