Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists
Kosair Children's Hospital Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists offices are referral centers that provide high-risk pregnancy care in the Louisville area, Southern Indiana and throughout the region. The offices are staffed by board-certified physicians trained in the subspecialty of maternal-fetal medicine.
Kosair Children's Hospital Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists provides high-risk pregnancy care for women experiencing multiple gestation, premature labor, maternal hypertension, diabetes and other pregnancy-related conditions. Specialists also provide diagnosis and counseling for fetal abnormalities and inherited conditions.
Who needs to be seen by a maternal-fetal medicine specialist?
Those needing preconception counseling for:
- Genetic disorders
- Medical complications
- History of birth defects
Women undergoing diagnostic or therapeutic procedures during pregnancy, such as:
- First-trimester screening for Down syndrome
- Comprehensive ultrasound
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Amniocentesis, fetal surgery or treatment
- Fetal echocardiography
Women with medical or surgical disorders, such as:
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Preeclampsia (toxemia)
- Diabetes or other endocrine disorders
- Kidney or gastrointestinal disease
- Infectious diseases
Healthy women whose pregnancy is at increased risk, such as:
- Abnormal maternal serum screening
- Multiple gestation: twins, triplets or more
- Recurrent pre-term labor and delivery
- Premature rupture of membranes
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Suspected fetal growth restriction (baby not growing normally)
Scheduling and Questions
All patients must be referred to Kosair Children's Hospital Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists by a physician.
- Physicians may schedule a patient by calling the office at (866) 574-4111.
- If you are a patient or have questions about our services, call the office at (866) 574-4111.