Audiology Services at Kosair Children's Hospital
Hearing loss can be difficult to diagnose - particularly in infants and children. The pediatric audiologists at Kosair Children's Hospital use an assortment of specialized test to help in the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss in children of all ages, including the newborn.
A variety of standard and advanced hearing test procedures are available at Kosair Children's Hospital, including the auditory brainstem response (ABR), the auditory steady state response (ASSR) and otoacoustic emissions (OAE). These procedures allow the audiologists to determine the type, degree and configuration of any hearing loss that may be present.
7-year-old Jaci Curry was the first in KY to receive the Sophono hearing device. This is the first time Jaci has ben able to hear out of her right ear after losing her hearing as an infant.
Audiological services provided include:
- Comprehensive hearing testing
- Advanced diagnostic testing
- Electrophysiological testing, under sedation if necessary
- Consultation and information regarding hearing loss and treatment options
- Pediatric hearing aid fitting and management
- Cochlear implant program including evaluation and follow-up services
- Assistive listening devices for personal or group communication
- Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) evaluations
- Comprehensive vestibular assessments
Assessments are performed at Kosair Children's Hospital while amplification and vestibular services are provided at University Audiology Associates office in the Children's Foundation Building.
For more information on the Audiology services at Kosair Children's Hospital, call (502) 629-7710.