About Children's Hospital Foundation
As Kentucky's only full-service, free-standing hospital that is "Just for Kids," Kosair Children's Hospital is ready to help children and their families in virtually any medical situation.
Kosair Children's Hospital serves all patients regardless of their ability to pay. As a not-for-profit organization, facilities rely on the generosity of the community to help fulfill their mission to provide for the physical and emotional health of children, from birth to age 18. It takes the generosity of everyone in the community to enable this hospital to be here for all children – if and when they need it.
The Children's Hospital Foundation exclusively raises funds to support programs, equipment and facilities, research, advocacy and education at Kosair Children's Hospital, Kosair Children's Medical Center – Brownsboro and Norton Women's and Kosair Children's Hospital (opening 2014).
Thanks to donations from the community in 2012, the Children's Hospital Foundation was able to provide more than $10 million to drive innovation and support the needs of Kosair Children's Hospital and Kosair Children's Medical Center – Brownsboro, which serve nearly 150,000 children annually from throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana.
With your financial help, the foundation is able to support the hospital in the following ways:
- Recruit key clinical and research leaders
- Purchase state-of-the-art technology and equipment for use by the hospital's health care professionals
- Expand important regional patient care programs
- Construct facilities and enhance specialty areas to better serve patients and families
Why should I support Kosair Children's Hospital?
- Kosair Children's Hospital is not-for-profit and relies on the generosity of the community to support programs, hospital improvements, education and advocacy. Kosair Children's Hospital treats children regardless of their family's ability to pay. As the number of children needing help at Kosair Children's Hospital continues to increase, so does the need to stay up-to-date on medical advances and technologies.
- Children are not just small adults. Kosair Children's Hospital treats children from birth to age 18. We know that children require smaller equipment, different medications and, sometimes, different doctors. Our clinical staff is trained to provide the special kind of care children need and deserve.
- Access to health care is very important to a community's quality of life. Having a full-service pediatric hospital is important to the region's economy as governmental leaders seek to attract new businesses and, in turn, those employers attract new employees.
- Children's hospitals across the country are facing a shortage of pediatric specialists. Those with access to greater resources to provide funding for equipment and research also tend to have greater interest from specialists. Having these specialists at Kosair Children's Hospital means that families do not have to travel out of the region when their children need medical care.
Children's Hospital Foundation Leadership
The foundation is governed by a dedicated Children's Hospital Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Lynnie Meyer, MSN, R.N., CFRE, Chief Development Officer
- Leslie Buddeke Smart, CFRE, System Director of Philanthropy
- Anne Cannon, Manager of Special Events
- Amanda Current, Manager of Special Events
- Dan Delph, Special Events Coordinator
- Courtney Gatti, Development Coordinator
- Natalie Gupton, Development Coordinator
- Schuyler Heuser, Director of Major Gifts
- Margie McClamroch, Director of Grants Development
- Lindsey Neely, Development Coordinator
- Latrice Phillips, Executive Secretary
- Stephanie Ubelhart, Development Coordinator
- Courtney Shewmaker, Children's Miracle Network Coordinator
- Heather Singleton, Director of Events and Community Relations
- Nancy Spivey, Gift Accounting Associate
- Kim Stanton, Manager of Funds and Estates
- Mary Ann Watkins, Administrative Receptionist
- Lauren Wigginton, Director of Stewardship and Foundation Relations
See our Annual Report
The Children's Hospital Foundation is a member of:
Children's Miracle Network
Community Health Charities of Kentucky
Children's Hospital Foundation
234 E. Gray St., Suite 450
Louisville, KY 40202
Phone: (502) 629-8060
Fax: (502) 629-8059
If you would like to mail a check to support Kosair Children's Hospital, please send it to our secure lock box:
Children's Hospital Foundation
P.O. Box 950183
Louisville, KY 40295-0183