Rheumatology/ Adolescent Medicine Services
The Pediatric Rheumatology and Adolescent Medicine service at Kosair Children's Hospital addresses a number of conditions affecting the bones, muscles and tissues.
Treatment is provided to pediatric patients of all ages with disorders or diseases related to:
- Complaints of musculoskeletal pain or weakness
- Suspected connective tissue disorders
- Suspected autoimmune disorders
- Sports medicine conditions (non-operative)
- Eating disorders
Some of the programs developed to help treat conditions include:
- Ongoing care or coordination of care
- Related support services
Excellent support services are available in a variety of other pediatric subspecialties such as:
- Occupational and physical therapy
- Behavioral services
As Kentucky's only free standing, tertiary care facility dedicated to caring for children, Kosair Children's Hospital offers comprehensive pediatric medical services and treatment programs in a child-friendly atmosphere.
For more information on our Pediatric Rheumatology and Adolescent services, call (502) 629-6000.