Every child experiences the sneezing, coughing and runny nose that comes with a cold, but sometimes children have serious lung conditions that require prompt medical attention. Pulmonary services at Kosair Children’s Hospital provides consultation, diagnostic testing and comprehensive care for infants, children and adolescents with acute and chronic pulmonary diseases.
Why choose Kosair Children’s Hospital for your child's pulmonology care?
- For the past three years, U.S. News and World Report’s list of “America’s Best Children’s Hospitals” has recognized Kosair Children’s Hospital as a “Top 30” facility in the country for the treatment of pulmonary diseases.
- Our pulmonary services are recommended by the American Board of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Thoracic Society.
- Our Cystic Fibrosis Center is one of five centers in the United States designated as a benchmark facility for the treatment of CF.
- Our CF Center is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. According to a national audit, patients treated at Kosair Children’s Hospital have better than average lung function.
- The Kosair Children’s Hospital laboratory possesses one of the region’s only infant pulmonary function testing systems, making us a leader in the field of infant and toddler diagnostic pulmonary testing.
- We are known as a leader in pulmonary function testing throughout the United States.
Learn about our services that include a Cystic Fibrosis Center, Childhood Asthma Care and Education Center, Technology Dependent Center and Pulmonary Function Laboratory.
Here for kids like Tyson
Diseases don’t just affect a child’s body – they touch every aspect of the entire family’s life, from daily routines to meals to school and play time, even parents’ work schedules. So it only makes sense that treating a disease means caring not only for the body but the whole family’s well-being – and that takes a team.
Tyson was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis (CF) when he was 6 months old. Though it has no cure at this time, people with CF are living longer, healthier lives than ever before thanks in part to a multidisciplinary team approach to care – like that available at Kosair Children’s Hospital. Tyson and his mom visit his care team every three months at the Cystic Fibrosis Center, a part of Kosair Children’s. This special team of caregivers ensures families are doing all they can at home to stay healthy and happy.
For more information about our Pulmonary Services, call (502) 629-KIDS or toll free (855) KCH-KIDS.