Family Advisory Council
The Family Adviroy Council is a group of parents of past or current patietns coming together to improve
the hospital experience.
Members of the council all share a common experience - concern for a child who has spent time at Kosair Children's Hospital. Some of these children have a chronic illness that brings them back again and again, while others have only had a short stay. Members come from diverse backgrounds drawn from throughout the region. Regardless of your background, you are welcome at the Family Advisory Council.
- Serve as a family voice to guide and influence hospital operations and decisions
- Provide an opportunity for families, currently being served at KCH, to share their experiences
- Advise hospital teams and committees on family needs and perspecives
Why Serve on the Council
- The council enables family members to take an active role in the development of programs that directly impact patients at Kosair Children's Hospital. Members are a resource to guide the hospital's priorities and planning.
- Members can find camaraderie and support with others who have been personally touched by illness or injury of a child.
- Members can use their personal experiences with a sick or injured child to help educate medical staff on ways to make hospital experiences as positive as possible.
To discuss volunteer opportunities on the council
- Scott Stanton, (email@example.com)
- "Just for Kids" line at (502) 629-KIDS or (800) 852-1770
- More Information