The Pediatric Endocrinology service at Kosair Children's Hospital provides diagnostic and therapeutic services for children with disorders and diseases including:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Physical growth
- Sexual maturation
- Thyroid function
- Adrenal function
- Pituitary function
- Calcium and phosphorous metaolism
- Metabolic bone disorders
- Sexual differentiation
We provide diagnostic endocrine tests for patients in the areas of endocrinology and carbohydrate, amino acid, and mineral and lipid metabolism. We can also address growth abnormalities and the range of conditions that can cause them.
Our nutritionists offer consultative and follow-up service for children up to 18 years of age with nutritional problems associated with abnormal food intake or chronic medical problems.
Other services provided include:
- Comprehensive diabetes care in Wendy L Novak Diabetes Care Center
- Diagnostic testing for growth hormone deficiency, adrenal insufficiency, precocious puberty and adrenal disorders
- Evaluation and management of sexual development disorders
- Home health program for diabetes education
- Access to a dedicated diabetes educator
- Kupper A. Wintergerst, M.D., Wendy L. Novak Diabetes Care Center Director
- Michael B. Foster, M.D.
- Adetokunbo (Toks) Omoruyi, M.D.
- Suzanne Kingery, M.D.
- Sara Watson-Rasnake M.D.
Our diabetes care team:
- Kellie Woodruff, RN, MSN, APRN
- Stacy McCauley, RN, MSN, APRN
- Heather Rush, RN, MSN, APRN
- Jayme Cline, RN, MSN, APRN
As Kentucky's only free standing, tertiary care facility dedicated to caring for children, Kosair Children's Hospital offers comprehensive pediatric medical services and treatment programs in a child-friendly atmosphere.
For more information on our Pediatric Endocrinology services, call (502) 629-6000.