Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery
Kosair Children's Hospital has two dedicated pediatric cardiac surgeons who specialize in the care of children with congenital heart disease.
Through our Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery service, a part of Norton Heart Care, we provide the entire range of surgical, medical and diagnostic services for children with congenital or acquired heart disease.
Our patients benefit from a dedicated operating room team that includes top level cardiac surgeons and other specialists. We also offer specialized cardiac nursing in both NICU and PICU.
We have a dedicated group of full-time nurse clinicians who assist in the smooth transition of these patients through the operative perioperative and postoperative phases of their recovery.
Other special services include:
- Three component neurologic monitoring
- Full service ECMO team maintained 24 hours a day
- Full mechanical support as a bridge to transplant (EMCO and ventricular assist devices are used as dictated by the patient's size and needs)
- Heart transplant program
- Diagnostic catheterizations and heart biopsies performed by a pediatric cardiology interventionalist
- Complete follow-up care with a full range of services provided as needed until adulthood
As Kentucky's only free standing, tertiary care facility dedicated to caring for children, Kosair Children's Hospital offers comprehensive pediatric medical services and treatment programs in a child-friendly atmosphere.
For more information, on our Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery services, call (502) 629-6000.